Sunday 22 July 2012

The land of Golden Dunes- A Mind’s Memoir…


Before starting to write this small article, I am really proud to thank my Brother-in-law for giving me and my family a chance to visit the old Heaven of the world, Dubai. It has been 20 years, since my family returned back after saying adios to Dubai and settled in Kerala. I am writing this small blog just to shout my inner feelings of joy, sorrow and nostalgia right from the moment my sister told me to pack up for a week’s trip to Dubai. I and my Mom prepared well to be back to the land where I was bought up initially. The flight to Dubai started by lingering fresh thoughts making my surroundings and mind filled with colours of the 80’s. My mind was totally immersed in these thoughts that I even forgot how old I have grown since I had left the place and that I belonged to an earning class member. Once I reached Dubai, I didn’t even forget to take a snap of my second landing in the land where I grew as a kid and get it posted in FB. Dubai had changed a lot with new amenities, places to visit, commercial and business expansions and all. But still it was the same old Dubai in our hearts. No matter how much a kid grows, his father is always the same for him for all times to come. Ageing can only change physical attributes, but never the mind or heart. And the love for him will always be the same and cherished throughout the lifetime.  I had a similar attitude with that land. Afterall it was a place where my Dad always wished, ever since he started working there, that he should close his eyes in that land. But that was a dream gone wrong for him. He had such a strong passion for Dubai that he used to frequently say this to my Mom. I enjoyed mostly certain places of visit, where the memories of my past still had got locked in cobwebs. The air still had the smell of sand from sand dunes which was really hard to resist. The feeling that I had when I saw my Father’s old office and the area where I grew up was still lurking in my mind.  I still feel that I need to write more here. But I am unable to express my feelings in words. Its even beyond the physical limit. Just like the sea water can be felt at the shore but never near the horizon. During my return flight to Kerala after a week of joy and a treasure chest of nostalgias, the only thing I could remind myself was that I was a small kid, who loved Dubai the same way as he was a kid 20 years back and my Dad was not with us to rebuild and share the wonderful memories of the past we had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment